Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 06 - 660 SE that is pretty much a garage queen (dusty queen but dry and out of weather ALWAYS inside) as I don't get much time to play these days. Problem is when I want to use it getting it started is as unreliable as the dang day. I have made NO engine mods. I had gone to an elect. fuel pump but gave up on it( a black R. kit). and went back to original brand new Yamaha factory fuel pump and hose routings. It has new batteries, engine and aux

I see folks talking about CDIs ignition upgrades but I thought that if had to have EFI before that could be considered.

Looking for some ideas of how to begin to make this more reliable and what to do. I am pretty much at the stage of replacing it for reliability but I love this thing and have a lot of time and love invested in how it looks and is set up. Has top, convertible doors, power dump, rear wheel disc brakes, heater(water) , aluminum Seizmik exoskeleton.

what do you engine experts recommend to mke this thing more reliable. Can it be changed to efi? vs this PIA carb

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
Put a primer bulb in it like they use on boats to prime the fuel lines. That will make it much easier to start. Do a search plenty of people use them on the carburated models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
hard starting

Hello,

with all you said you had done I would keep it and get it figured out ,, once you do atleast you should start it and let it idle alittle every few weeks ..

I would pull the plug and look at it ,, see if it's dry or wet , are you choking it through out your start up cycle ..

if you ran a electric fuel pump did you have a T in the line so it would go back to the tank instead of all the fuel filling up the bowl and flooding the carb ??

keep us posted I will check back on this thread for updates ..

TS2

·
Registered
121 Posts
Put a primer bulb in it like they use on boats to prime the fuel lines. That will make it much easier to start. Do a search plenty of people use them on the carburated models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. Also make sure the air filter is serviced (cleaned & oiled). After sitting, the filter will dry out and pull too much air into the intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts