Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ear-shattering after market exhaust. It ALWAYS rattles loose, even when we use loc-tite. I want a quieter, normal exhaust. I looked on ebay and there never seem to be stock exhaust set ups available.

Everyone I know has some kind of aftermarket exhaust. so where are all the used set ups?

is there such thing as an after market set up that is quieter or same as stock, plus some performance?

thanks

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Stock exhausts pop up every so often. I just sold one on here last week.

Closest thing to as quiet as stock that I have heard (and own) is the Muzzys exhaust with optional Whisper Core Inserts. You get the performance, and higher quality sound, without too much additional noise.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You should run a want to buy add here on the forum...and search the parts for sale section...

Shrek Racing might have one for sale...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You might also consider an Alba exhaust...they are way too loud but very mechanically sound and you can add a super-trapp to it...if you motor is stock you can go with a high flow intake...tune down the exhaust with the super-trap and jet your carb for best results...

Not as simple and easy as a stock unit however...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, the muzzy is intriguing. I checked the classifieds here afterwards, and it sounds like a few people want stock and quiet. I will also post a wanted ad.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
thanks guys, the muzzy is intriguing. I checked the classifieds here afterwards, and it sounds like a few people want stock and quiet. I will also post a wanted ad.

stock exhaust with a tip

or

muzzy with quiet cores,

2 best options , if your trying to keep the noise down

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
someone told me 700 & 660 use exact same stock exhaust set up.

true or false?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there is a stock set up on ebay for a 700. I emailed the seller and asked if it'd fit a 660. he assured me they were exactly the same. I trust your impartial feedback a lot more. I think this seller is an idiot and turd for assuring me it was identical, when he doesn't know the correct answer. Why not tell me to do my own research?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts