Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m looking to reduce dust and noise in the cab and would like some feedback. I plan on using Spectrum and Damplifier on my bed and engine cowl. Where I am stuck is whether I should buy a Stitchmasters’ Dust Skirt or a set of the Trail Armor dust reducers and coat them in Spectrum and Damplifier. I plan on using a back window; will that be a problem with the Dust Skirt? Both kits appear to attach to the bed. Will I still be able to use that dump feature?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have a Stitchmasters dust skirt and it's great. It does attach to the front of the bed along the edges with a heavy duty velcro, but can be easily pulled away to dump the bed.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have the Trail Armor kit on my 700....I wasn't very impressed when I opened the box before putting it on (I was glad I didn't pay retail !!!). I am sure that it is keeping some of the dust down; but, what I like most about it is, it cuts way back on the steam I used to get from water holes/creek crossings. If I were to do it again, I would buy the Stitchmaster...I think it would do better w/the dust; and , I am sure it would help w/the steam as well.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
im bought a skirt type dust reducer off ebay 120 i think we bought 2 and it seems really good better than the rhino gear reducers. goes under seat over cowl has nice sorage compartment along back one full piece side to side and up behind seats with a velcro for rear window if needed.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. How much did the dust cover decrease the noise in the cab? I'm coming from an atv and the noise is way louder than I expected.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Althought the Stitchmasters dust cover that I have has a sound deadening/padding material sewn to the backside of it, I would say that it may do very little to deaden the sound. I bought mine to keep out the DUST and HEAT and it does those two things very well.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ttt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts