Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Engineer
8,214 Posts
Better yet, touch it with your tongue... :p

I jack up the front end a few inches when refilling my radiator, let the coolant bleed from the water pump screw, tighten back up and fill the rest of the way.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Better yet, touch it with your tongue... :p ..........
LOL. And listen for the sizzle. Frying bacon sound means that it is quite hot. Also works for below freezing temperatures on lamp-posts. There, you listen for unintelligible speech sounds.

Actually that tongue trick works for checking the battery voltage. The more electricity the stronger the aluminum foil and silver fillings taste. Not to be used for voltages above 16 Volts, or else you will not be around to post the results..... :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Narrow deep grooved side on inside. answer to one of your questions in post 35

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ok. I took wet clutch weights out. Waiting on new water pump to come in. When I get it on I'm sure it'll do good!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is a snapshot of the Yamaha Parts Fiche. The Starter Clutch (8) inside bore slips over the Hub of the big idler gear (6) that spins freely on the crankshaft. The outside ring of the Starter Clutch (8) is bolted onto the back side of the flywheel (not shown) and is carried onto that gear hub as the flywheel is installed. The starter clutch locks the flywheel to the idler gear (6) when the idler gear is spun by the starter motor. The flywheel is oriented by a key that slips into that rectangular slot on the crankshaft (on the left, not numbered) and is taper fit locked onto that shaft such that it cannot spin on the crankshaft.

Are you talking about the woodruff key (half moon shaped) having fallen out when you tried to put it back together? It orients the flywheel with respect to the crankshaft. and might have come out or broken after that single initial start. If the flywheel is not properly seated with the key in its proper place, by torqueing the nut that brings it all together to the proper torque value, It can spin on the crankshaft and the engine will not turn over when the starter motor is spinning.

Also, the outer rim of the starter clutch needs to be bolted onto the back side of the flywheel for the engine to turn over with the starter motor, just in case you did not do that. The bolts (9) are drawn pointed the wrong direction in the picture below, if I am not mistaken.

I have an 06 that I just put a new one way bearing and idler gear in. The Idler Gear did not spin freely when I put the new one on. The old one's inner bearing was in bad shape. I pushed on the new one "does not spin freely", now the engine will not start, it sounds like it fires but seems to be not pushing past the "idler that does not freely spin". Did I basically just get a bad idler gear?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suppose that it is possible, due to putting too heavy of a load on the engine at too low of an engine speed. Seems like you could see if it will rev up in neutral, where there will be very little load in spite of the wet clutch engaging.
Absolutely not. What it truly sounds like it bad compression. Check the compression on the jug to see what it is. I'm guessing it's below 89psi.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts