Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Looking to install a stereo in my rhino but have no idea how to wire it. A buddy of mine has a simple system with a couple of speakers, a volume control knob and a plug for the ipod. This would be ideal. Can anyone out there provide some help...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I used a regular stereo... cheap pioneer. get a marine cover. It will help, but my cd player already doesn't work from sand and dirt. I have sirius so i mainly listen to that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
an ipod only would be great.. most of our music is on there anyway.. where can i get the parts...any directions would be nice.. cld around and some of these places want to charge an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I run XM and just an amp with a volume control. You dont need the deck unless you want it. Go to a stereo store and get a preamp volume control, it has RCA's in and out, just get an RCA to phone jack adapter and plug the i-pod to the in side and the out to the amp. Works great and dont need a deck to mess up the dash or the glove box.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Where are you guys mounting your head units? I have to much stuff on my dash to mount one anywhere. Id like to put it in the glove co but I want it to look clean.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
go to everythingoffroad.com and they have a stereo mounting plate that holds the speakers and stereo right under the dash.

appreciate everyone for their help!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used a marine unit and mounted it overhead. You must have some kind of cover for a head unit or it will stop working.

Dont follow the advice about wiring, if you forget and leave the head unit playing overnight, dead battery. Id get a fuse block wired into the spare TERM fuse (like the Painless Fuse Block) switched off ignotion. BRP sells one if youre not cash strapped and or need exact directions.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Where are you guys mounting your head units? I have to much stuff on my dash to mount one anywhere. Id like to put it in the glove co but I want it to look clean.
I installed an under dash mount. It's nicely sealed. If you put it in the glove box, it's not very easily accessible. For me, I like to change the station or track alot. I'm kind of a channel surfer.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I installed an under dash mount. It's nicely sealed. If you put it in the glove box, it's not very easily accessible. For me, I like to change the station or track alot. I'm kind of a channel surfer.
Here's some pics:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts