Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So unfortunately I think the steering rack on my 06 rhino is headed south. When you move the steering wheel back and forth the rack has a decent amount of play in it. When the previous owner put the 6 over tie rods with heims on he didn't put the boots back on so there is no telling how long they have been open. Also the drivers side of the rack is missing the bushing in the end that helps seal it. I am hoping that there is a way to adjust some of the play out but am assuming there is not. I am going to the dunes for Thanksgiving and don't want it to grenade on me. I was looking at the billet king but dont have an extra $400 to spend right now. Any early holiday deals out there :fingersx:? Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You can take some of the slop out.
There should be a large locknut on the rear of the rack by the steering post, loosen the locknut and tighten the adjuster bolt (13 or 15 mm ?),sometimes a quarter to half turn is all it takes, then tighten locknut. If the boots have been gone for awhile everything may be gone , ya never know. You could turn the wheel all the way to the left and cram some grease in there,might last till you find a different rack or find out if it's worth repairing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.