Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2009 Sport Edition 700 Rhino, is almost new (400km) and I have a major problem. I only get 2 hard offroad trips and after each trip the wheels angle opened. In order to repair it I have to take the rod out of the joint on each wheel but I think is not ok. On the next trip I can not do it again because the rod will be out of the joint before the angle gets fit, even now i am afraid because the rod is max 8 mm in the joint.
Nothing looks broken ( a-arm etc)
I do not know the problem, do you have a problem like this?

And I want to change the ball joints with the best heavy duty ones, but I do not know who makes something like that. Any advices?

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
if your tie rod ends (the ones your adjusting) and up n down play by grabbing the the top and pulling up n down then they are shot. I got my heavy duty ones on eBay.

more than likely tho what is happening is your spindle is bending. the steering arm on them will bend up usually and cause the tire to become un aligned

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but i do know english very well.
From your point the problm is on tie rods or joints?

And what companies makes the nbest hd joints or eventual tie rods?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I think he is sayin you might need new spindals. If they are bent or are bending this is why you keep having to adjust your tierods.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Contact Cognito Motorsports

Find them in the vendor section of this forum...

Heavy Duty spindles, steering, suspension parts...

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
If your toe setting is changing you definatly have a spindle problem. We have them in stock with or with out new Balljoints installed. 500 w No balljoints, 575. with new balljoints.

thanks,

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Well its not in that pic. The spindal is the thing that the axel shaft goes into and the tierod also hooks on to it. It is behind the hub.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now i am sure that my spindles are the problem.
I will check out with cognito for them but I also wants hd tie rod ends.
Any sugestion?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the info.

I took the spindles from a friend of mine and they fitted there.
But a new problem occured, the steering rack just broke. And a tie rod end.

I want to replace the entire steering sistem, that means steering rack, spindles, power steering, ball joints and tie rod ends with heavy duty ones in order to enjoy my rhino.

Can you give me some good manufacturers of these products, not the highest prices but with a very good quality?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
for example the spindles, i foun on
cognito
trinity racing
fabtech
racer tech ( very expensive)

For steering rack
gearone
next generation
f1
rackzilla

Which ones are the best at a convenient price, or any suggestion in all my needed parts?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I would suggest Cognito Spindles, Gear One Rack, and Wickedbilt/Unisteer Power Steering.

You will not have any more problems with that combination.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts