Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed I had a small leak form the coolant cover and a small oil leak from the bottom of the stator cover, so I'm pulling it and just replacing the stator while I'm in this deep.

Couple quick questions:

How much oil should come out when I pull the stator cover off? I didn't drain the system first, so maybe that's why, but mine dumped a lot, probably over a quart.

Is that normal or indicative of a leak around the stator? If so, what might be leaking?

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
yes oil is gonna come out

before you remove the stator cover ,

u will disconnect the wires

drain the oil

drain the coolant

removed all coolant hoses

then bolts including the big center nut after fan is removed

you do not need to remove water pump cover for removal , it can be done later

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I noticed I had a small leak form the coolant cover and a small oil leak from the bottom of the stator cover, so I'm pulling it and just replacing the stator while I'm in this deep.

Couple quick questions:

How much oil should come out when I pull the stator cover off? I didn't drain the system first, so maybe that's why, but mine dumped a lot, probably over a quart.

Is that normal or indicative of a leak around the stator? If so, what might be leaking?
Are you having charging problems? Just wondering why you want to replace the stator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.