Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my 06 rhino will start (only with choke out) however... it will idle for a few seconds then rev real high then die...it keeps doing it and im at a loss on what it could be....anyone else ever had this issue? If so how did u remedy? Thanx in advance

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Is it a 660,700?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I've never had that problem, may be a a cracked hose sucking air?????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible old gas could cause this? I mean its not super old... only like 2-3 months old...it was running fine earlier that day but i remeber adding gas after i parked it and thats when it started acting up ..... coincidence??????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any suggestions on were i should look and how will i tell? Im looking at all the hoses that come off the carb and i dont see any signs of cracking or and hose that appears loose??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im noticing that its getting flooded real easy...itll start rev real high then die...itll do that 2xs then it gets flooded...i fulled the plug and was soaked in gas....cleaned it put it back in and started for a few seconds without reving super high this time but just wont stay running more than a few seconds then after the 3rd try she flooded again!... my brother took apart the carb awhile back to clean it (which was super filthy) but ever since then she really hasnt started all that well...he thinks maybe a float adjustment? Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Hows the airfilter look? Pull it off and start it see what it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I would think flooded is a float sticking, I would tear down the carb and do a real good cleaning.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carb was just cleaned....im thinking its a float adjustment.....ik when he put it back together the lil clip that holds the float in place gave him issues...do u think a rebuild kit would be a good idea?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Carb was just cleaned....im thinking its a float adjustment.....ik when he put it back together the lil clip that holds the float in place gave him issues...do u think a rebuild kit would be a good idea?

I agree that it sounds like a float issue which requires once again taking the carb apart (carefully) and seeing what you got going on there.

Here's a tip NOT related to the float issue: If you suspect you've got a vacuum leak, spraying (diligently) some carb spray around the motor near the carb should quickly identify the leak - engine rpm will rise sharply when it sucks in the carb spray. Tiny rpm increases are normal when using this method but you're looking for dramatic increases in rpm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should i go ahead and get a rebuild kit before i take it apart again this time? It has around 375 hours on it

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Should i go ahead and get a rebuild kit before i take it apart again this time? It has around 375 hours on it
I would their not that expensive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts