Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boyz,
13 yr old kid here with an 09 rhino se

my familly jus got a rhino and im wondering what i shud do to deck it out as a newb...hehe... im gonna have a tough time convicing parents to go for HUGE mods, or rly expensive stuff, but......

im kinda wondering about the following...
-winch (cheap but dependable, mabye two......)
-two-way radio to mount somewhere on the vehicle, needs to be compatible with the motorola two-ways (for safety)
-snorkel kit (pre-assembled kits, how-to, instructions)
-remove the dam speed limiter
-tires, already got the sick se wheels, looking for something not to tough on grass for around the farm, but also good for trail riding, smtn like the maxxis bighorns
-safety: change up the stance, mabye make it wider to stop rollovers

thats the top priority, but also some other wonders/dreams,

-stereo w/ipod conections for some tunes
-2nd battery to power everything
-billet stuff

also any other opinions or ideas would be greatttt,

soo...

thanks

·
Banned
9,567 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
1st- Welcome

Spacers would be a good start, they will widen the stance to add stability. Next, real harnesses in place of the seatbelts. Your thirteen years old and the Rhino was never designed to be driven by someone your age so safety needs to be first. Master driving it with the speed limiter before adding any performance mods.

UTV Crap - UTV Crap <-----clicky
X2

·
Registered
740 Posts
Clutch Sheave and Fuel Controller (ECU)
These are the two must haves for improved performance!! safety first though...

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
1st- Welcome

Spacers would be a good start, they will widen the stance to add stability. Next, real harnesses in place of the seatbelts. Your thirteen years old and the Rhino was never designed to be driven by someone your age so safety needs to be first. Master driving it with the speed limiter before adding any performance mods.

UTV Crap - UTV Crap <-----clicky

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Welcome

Get Stick Stoppers and floor protectors if you plan on hitting the trails...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look thanks guys for all the safety stuff, but i've been driving very high powered machines for the past 5 yrs and Less on the safety part, plz

·
Banned
9,567 Posts
Look thanks guys for all the safety stuff, but i've been driving very high powered machines for the past 5 yrs and Less on the safety part, plz
I think all of us have had machines with alot more power than the Rhino. That doesn't seem to keep anyone from flipping them end over end or side over side for that matter. They have manners all of their own.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I completely understand the safety part, but im more interested in all the other stuff.
treat me as if i was some 30yr old guy and give me some info on the other stuff

·
Registered
23 Posts
You are thirteen, meaning you have been driving "high powered" machines since you were eight? Wow. Congrats, but safety still comes first, especially with a minor. Listen to your elders and you'll go far in life. I've been trying too since I was young and it saves you lots of money and pain.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you enjoy telling off little kids?
because i really didnt post this just to have some pissed off and bored guy come and give me a lecture on safety.

trust me
I UNDERSTAND THE CONCERN FOR SAFETY

can someone plz plz actually give me some real information on my question, not a lecture on safety

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh my god

please give me some info

·
Registered
251 Posts
Put an R1 with a Turbo in it. Leave the stock suspension. Is that what you want to hear. Before you make it faster, why not get some harnesses and spacers at the least. Then after your machine is built to handle the extra speed you can start looking into a CDI or something.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Look, I too am sorry, It's just that it becomes very frustrating when I have people on here lecturing me on safety. I do understand the risks and I am badgered by adults to tell me to stay safe, and I do, it's just that I need help and peoples opinions on all the other stuff, I do understand the need for safety, I really do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks stoopidbot

·
Registered
205 Posts
isnt the legal age to be driving a rhino 16yrs anyway haha

·
Registered
123 Posts
Look, I too am sorry, It's just that it becomes very frustrating when I have people on here lecturing me on safety. I do understand the risks and I am badgered by adults to tell me to stay safe, and I do, it's just that I need help and peoples opinions on all the other stuff, I do understand the need for safety, I really do.
It does not matter if you are 13 or 73. I have seen all of these people who are giving you advice give the EXACT same advice to EVERYONE who asks what they should do first to their Rhino. Look around at some "got a new rhino, what should I get?" posts. You'll find a bunch of them and almost all off them will say the same thing..... harnesses and spacers/offset wheels. It has zero to do with your age and everything to do with the machine itself. In stock form, the seat belts are inadequate and they tip fairly easy when driven questionably. Don't take it personally.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts