Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a down payment on a red base model last night but I'm thinking about changing it to a sport model.

Price:
Base- $9406.74 otd
Sport- $10,600 otd

Reason:

I want the sport shocks on on mine either way, I really can't use long travel in Michigan. Seems like the prices are about 5-600 for the shocks right now.

I want the top also, going price about 200-250.

I don't want the wheels/tires, I want some after market ones.

I don't want the seats, again aftermarket ones.

So overall I'm using the higher prices I'm less than 600 away in price. About the price of a set of wheels/tires. I'd keep the stock set either way and stud them for the ice.

Anyone think I should just get the Sport model and scrap the standard idea? Plastics don't really matter to me, I like the looks of both.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
the aftermarket shocks are way better than those "sport" models. Get some bilsteins for $1250, and they will be blow the doors of the factory shocks.. i would save the cash, and get the base one, and buy a roof, and some good shocks..

G-

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I agree with Greg .... the Bilsteins are great along with the WERS ....... both are great shocks at a great price .....

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I wouldnt do that if I were you. The sport model only has 11 inches of clearance compared to 12 inches for all other models.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
trooper522 said:
I wouldnt do that if I were you. The sport model only has 11 inches of clearance compared to 12 inches for all other models.
Thats interesting and good info ..... I have never heard that before ....

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
mikef said:
trooper522 said:
Thats interesting and good info ..... I have never heard that before ....
Yeah I thought so too ! I dont understand why ? but I'll take the clearance any day/

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LSRGreg said:
the aftermarket shocks are way better than those "sport" models. Get some bilsteins for $1250, and they will be blow the doors of the factory shocks.. i would save the cash, and get the base one, and buy a roof, and some good shocks..

G-
If you could cut that price in half I could afford those and I'd love them but I can't afford 1250 bucks for shocks.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
You dont have to get the Bilsteins right away ..... you can always get them down the road a little ...... maybe even pick up a used set for cheaper when someone upgrades to a long travel...... they would be a huge improvement and well worth the money ...... but if you dont think you can afford it down the road then at minimum get the sport shocks they are still better than stock .....

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
trooper522 said:
:?: OK I just went to the Yamaha site and it says 12.1 inches ground clearance. But on the brochure that Alba gave me it says 11.1 inches of ground clearance....who knows maybe its a typo :roll:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I always recommend, if your gonna start customizing it get a base model. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts