Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I know there are not many guys on here that primarily mud their rhinos. Secondly I know this has been beaten to death about which sheave but I need to know for this exact application.

My Machine: 2007 Rhino 660, 686 BBkit, black rhino cdi, full alba exhaust, stock grizzly sheave w/orange spring, 2" cfm lift kit, running 27x12x12 mud lites all 4 corners.

My question is right now I can run about 55-58 miles an hour top end. I am not to concerned with loosing a bit of that but what I am planning to do this summer is throw a set of 28" Outlaw 2's when they release them. So I need the bottom end to be basically awesome as well.

So which sheave should I run? HW, JBS etc?

thx and I am hoping someone has a similar setup and can give me their experience.

MB

·
Registered
522 Posts
I am very impressed with the low end from my JBS sheave.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm one of those "mudders" of which you speak... LoL

I'm going to be purchasing a set of 27" Radial Outlaws this spring or early summer, but for now I'm on stock wheels and tires but running a JBS sheave with 16 gram greasless weights and sliders. I like it pretty good.

Snorkels are going on this weekend.

Let me know what you think of the JBS sheave for hardcore mud-riding, especially with heavy tires and wheels like the Highlifter Outlaw. I'd also be interested in hearing what weights you end up running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts