Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, We are rebuilding our engine now (Rhino 660) and need info about a Ring Nut Wrench YM-38404, 90890-01430. Anyone have one that they can provide measurements of it?? We may have to make one?? or do you know where we can buy one from?
Thanks,
Melody

·
Registered
519 Posts
700 manual shows this is a socket with a 47 outside diameter. I don't know tooth pattern but that should be easy to cut/grind out if you can get the right socket. It looks like a four-wheel drive hub socket with teeth. I would guess you should start looking at about a 42mm socket. Harbor freight carries the cheap ones that should work...

·
Vendor
3,516 Posts
Hi guys, We are rebuilding our engine now (Rhino 660) and need info about a Ring Nut Wrench YM-38404, 90890-01430. Anyone have one that they can provide measurements of it?? We may have to make one?? or do you know where we can buy one from?
Thanks,
Melody
What is this tool for?

I have rebuilt a truck load of 660 and don't know what that is. Could be I been using it and not know what it was called. LOL

Todd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We ended up getting one tool made for us by a welder friend and "rented" the other from a Yamaha repair shop. I think we are all set now. Cases back together last night!!! We hope to be riding in another week or so. We are still waiting on a couple more parts before we can mock it in!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.