Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Forums looks like a great place! I tried searching no luck so I thought I would try posting.

I have 2006 660 Rhino, it started breaking down the other day and the boot was not tight into the head. I stuck it back on and it seemed ok but was nervous to take it on a long run. Figured I would change the plug anyway but it is really loose like no resistance at all with sticking the plug in the hole. Does not seem right. Should there be 2 pins?

this is a picture of the inside of the boot does it look right? maybe I need to give it a squeeze.

Thanks again hopefully someone has some insight! Thanks Mark

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes it looks good but could still be weak. Put a plug in the boot and hang it upside down and shake it, if the plug falls out it's time to replace the boot . And make sure the spark plug doesn't have a smooth top screwed on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it looks good but could still be weak. Put a plug in the boot and hang it upside down and shake it, if the plug falls out it's time to replace the boot . And make sure the spark plug doesn't have a smooth top screwed on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thanks i did the test it passed! I felt it this time click in a bit so maybe its was just stuck! Many thanks for your help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a similar issue. Figured out the rubber "grommet" on the spark plug wire (that fits over the opening in the head) had pushed down to far toward the end of the wire. A little twist and a pull moved the gasket up about 1/2 inch on the wire. Now the terminal end goes firmly onto the spark plug, not going to come off. Once you have the terminal end securely attached, you can slide the grommet back down to cover the opening in the head.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for reply i think i did that unintentionally i went back out to try again and I felt it click. I was playing with the boot so by luck im good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts