3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother found this on hornetoutdoors.com part# U-4047

Attachments

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched a friend out in the desert cut the sidewall on a tire and 52 miles later the rim was trashed, but made it to camp.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I prefer a spare being mounted in a spot where it won't move at all. Preferably a mechanical mount with a ratchet strap for insurance.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I prefer a spare being mounted in a spot where it won't move at all. Preferably a mechanical mount with a ratchet strap for insurance.
They have brackets that locks down the joints in the rack that takes the slop out very firm setup and if you have a 4 seat setup you don't have a bed to carry anything.

·
Registered
121 Posts
They have brackets that locks down the joints in the rack that takes the slop out very firm setup and if you have a 4 seat setup you don't have a bed to carry anything.
Looks like a great space saver. What about the 2 hitch pins. Any movement there?

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you look at the pic where top piece slides into the curved one is a u-bolt with a plate tightens up the joint no movement.

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Ill see it in action in a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well damn, I am no longer a "mountaineer" now I am a "Turbo"
When do I get to be "Mud Slinger" ... Is that the top rank?
I think there are 22 more levels..... :grin

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey time fly's when your having fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts