Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 450 with 25 inch BH like tires. I was wanting to add 1.5 inch spacers on the front end to widen the stance... Any opinions if this is good or bad for the machine?

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I have a 450 with 25 inch BH like tires. I was wanting to add 1.5 inch spacers on the front end to widen the stance... Any opinions if this is good or bad for the machine?
it helps with stability, but adds some stress to the spindles.

Rog

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I put 1" on the front and 1.5 on the rear 08 700 works perfect. Also took off the sway bar before Yamaha did. Really stable on the off cambers now. I ride rocky trails lots of sticks etc. I figured the 1" still leaves good protection on the brake disk also.

I run Big Horns stock size low pressure. I have almost 3000 miles on this set up.

Also keeps my width down for the narrow stuff.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
it helps with stability, but adds some stress to the spindles.

Rog

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm running 1" on the front and 2" on the rear on my 450, with ITP 5+2 wheels, and 26" Big Horns. You can see what it looks like in the Photo Gallery or the album in my profile.

Works well for me, but I also have Maier fender flares and splashguard to keep the mud out of the cab...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts