Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having sme tuning problemes on my 660 when I put my 2'' snorkel on. I have cdi, kn filter, grinded down header welds and no spark arrester or tip on the factory exhaust, 155 dj main and have tried the dj needle on 1,2,3 settings and I still can't ge my machine to run right. Without the snorkel it was running awsome with the dj needle on the 2 setting. If antone out there has a snorkel and can give me some input that woud great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm not running a DJ kit on mine just stock style jets. I had to go up to a 180 jet to make it run decent, don't recall stock size but went up alot! Still tuning it in. This is the 3rd snorkle I've done and they were all the same.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Go up on the main jet. A DJ 155 is the same as the stock mikuni 145. DJ jets are not the same as stock, you have to go about 10 higher on a DJ for each jet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
snorkle jetting

I am running at sea level with BRP cdi, two bros duals, uni filter, and mikuni high flow fuel pump. I used stock jets and found that a 155main and 45pilot with the needle in stock position and screw about 3 turns out works best for me. Its trial and error, it took me a few days with the snorkle to get it tuned properly.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm having sme tuning problemes on my 660 when I put my 2'' snorkel on. I have cdi, kn filter, grinded down header welds and no spark arrester or tip on the factory exhaust, 155 dj main and have tried the dj needle on 1,2,3 settings and I still can't ge my machine to run right. Without the snorkel it was running awsome with the dj needle on the 2 setting. If antone out there has a snorkel and can give me some input that woud great.

I didn't want to take the chance so I installed a wideband, it's crazy how lean I was running when the temps got below 10c.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx for all the info guys will try some things once i replace the front outer cv, the race brokw on me in the mud. Anyone know where they sell just the race.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts