Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys kind of new but not really. I signed up once and forgot user name and password.
Im having a problem. I’ve read about and watched a few videos on what it’s doing. There’s one You Tube video that shows exactly what it’s doing but doesn’t give an answer. The problem is I have to rev it high to get the belt to move like it’s suppose to. It will move the Rhino but not very well. I replaced the belt but it didn’t help. What’s next ? I ran it with the cover off to see what it’s doing. It takes a lot of RPMs to get the belt to move.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sounds like your CVT clutch system needs to be cleaned. The grease in there gets full of dirt and becomes dry/hard after a few years of use. So take it apart, clean it, lube it where necessary and reassemble.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like your CVT clutch system needs to be cleaned. The grease in there gets full of dirt and becomes dry/hard after a few years of use. So take it apart, clean it, lube it where necessary and reassemble.
Thanks HDR. I just bought an impact to get it off and look at it. I’ll try that. Hopefully it works. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I may have found the problem. Most of the rollers had flat spots and thin where the flat spots were. One was so thin it broke. New clutch coming. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts