Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Site Founder
7,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K.

I have a KMS header with a stock pipe and tip. I'm very happy with the sound, but I don't feel its performing as good as it should. My question is, has anyone read, or heard about using a slip on pipe with the KMS header? I really do want a new pipe, but I'm not excited about the costs of some of the good kits out there..... Or noise. A relatively quit rhino is important to me!

What slip on will work well with the KMS header?

Should any of them fit?

Thanks

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Yes, you can use pretty much any aftermarket slip-ons with the KMS header (as far as Ive found so far)! Actually heard good things about that combo! My dad runs the KMS header and really likes it.......I talked to a few people on the "forum that shall remain nameless..." about attaching the Flowmaster Hushpower (18") muffler to the KMS header. A few have done it with good results. You dont get quite as much power as with the Alba system, but you do get a good system thats quiet!

No matter what you do with Kell'y header, I dont think you can go wrong!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
max powers said:
DO NOT get a dr.d, I destroyed it in a matter of hours with the k.m.s header
Ive actually heard the same thing about the FMF slip-ons as well......You could always do an LTE/DFR Single with a Super Trapp tip?! Youll never blow one of those apart!!! :shock:

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
My recommend is leave it alone and do a carb and rejet. You won't see any performance change with a slip on.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
mine is hitting in the same spot.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Brian B said:
One reason for wanting a pipe is that every time I jump the thing, my stock pipe bangs the diff support on the frame! Perhaps I have a broken hanger?
mine does the same thing...i think its even dented.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Crwcompact said:
This is good info, I want that header!
I had it and sold it, You will be dissapointed for $275.00
You can get a full ron woods exhaust for under $600.00 and it will give you performance gains.The only difference between the stock header and the kms is the diameter of the exit pipes which when they hit the collector is the same as stock. If you don't do a full exhaust system, best bet is to save your money and buy a $35 billet tip

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
max powers said:
You can get a full ron woods exhaust for under $600.00 and it will give you performance gains.
does that include the cost of ear plus or is it not that loud?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
does that quit it down alot? i really like it but don't want the noise

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.