Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy made a main skid plate and some side plates for me.

The main plate wraps around the lower cage tubing and ties into the side plates. Hardware is counter-sunk.

The side plates replace the plastic covers, to protect the fuel tank from sticks and help the Rhino to be able to pivot around trees and rocks. I had already damaged the plastic piece by the gas tank on a rock.

He modified my existing Hunterworks kick-panel guards in the wheelwells to tie in to the main skid plate. A buddy had a stick come through his wheelwell and strike him in the helmet, so these guards were among the first mods I did to the Rhino.

The front bash plate, rear diff plate, and A-arm guards were on the Rhino when I bought it.

The front A-arm guards will be replaced with custom units that will actually protect the CV boots (unlike these ones). The rear guards will have additional material welded to them for the same reason.

So next up are the CV-boot guards, then aluminum doors. The upper edge of the doors will start from the highest point of the factory doors, and will slightly angle up in a straight line to the top of the box. The idea behind this is to help us to not get stabbed by sticks. The doors will use the factory hinges, latch, and handles (no point in re-engineering what works and what we already have). Will be done after the Christmas craziness is over.

My Rhino mostly sees tight/overgrown forest trails with rocks, hence the scoring of the cage and plastic, and the concern about sticks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can ask him when he gets back from his Christmas vacation, but shipping from Canada might be atrocious. You can probably get it done cheaper by a local fabricator.

This is custom, and required my Rhino to be there for measurements and fitting.

·
Registered
355 Posts
so wheres the gun turret going, that mofo is a tank!! good job ,love it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.