Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’ve been on here a while sitting back, researching, and simply trying to take it all in while I plan a 450 build for this winter. I was planning on having this stuff lined up, sitting in my garage waiting on me as I redeployed from Iraq so I could start immediately in my time off. To no avail!!!! I have been stopped every time by a shipping charge .....go figure no on one wants to ship to Fairbanks, AK.

Anyway, I have become a huge fan of the FU2 radius cage and I’m trying to get one here in Alaska. The first estimated shipping charge was going to be $1700. I have since gotten a company to offer $850 to ship the cage here. I’m in desperate need of this 4 seater radius cage, rear seats, 4pt harnesses, CDI, and any other mods I can get my hands on. The point behind this thread is to simply get all you guy’s feedback on possible cheap shipping companies or any other ideas of getting a cage, seats, other Rhino 450 mods to Fairbanks. I’m wanting to get this thing built by summer, but at this rate all my funding is going towards shipping. Any cheap mod ideas or shipping ideas are welcome. Hope you guys are having a great New Year and happy riding.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good luck with that shipping thing....I live down in Anchorage and ended up finding a local welding shop to fabricate a roll cage for me and came out better only paying $650 for a cage. Shipping kills us here and it's always going to be a problem, you gotta adapt.
I will say if you get a Sheave, get it from JBS...he doesn't charge any extra for Alaska and can fit it in $10 flat rate box. Also Rutting Rhino was very reasonable with my Harness bar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics?

Hey there, you wouldn’t happen to have any pics of your cage. I’ve been talking with a super friendly guy down at BRR concepts, I think just north of Anchorage. He has been researching the same thing for me to see what he can come up with. The cage I want has a good bit of pipe bends in it. I would like to see what your looks like. Thanks for the reply. Have a good one!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I used http://shipnex.com/ to ship a set of tires and wheels from CA to WA. UPS wanted over $800, Fedex wanted over $900, and DHL said it would be "under $1000". NEX is a freight broker, and they quoted me $225, so I said "done!" The carrier ended up being Reddaway. ETA was 4 days; it actually took 5 days.

I had excellent email communication with NEX; I highly recommend them. Hopefully they can help you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.