Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm mostly dunes, I am looking to get a machined sheave.
Should I?
UTV inc. setup
Hotrod setup
Stock with OD weights

I understand that james runs od weights with his, could I do this with UTV inc? Also would it be better to run a 700 cam plate?
Any other advice would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Im a duner also. His shave kicks ass in the sand, when climbing a steep hill the low end is awesome, I was very impressed.

UTV inc said they would send me a sheave to test....but never did...

and you cannot run OD weights with thiers. if you watch their videos you can see a shift point about 41-44 mph...you don't get that that with OD's it's much smoother.

JBS sheave gives you the best of both worlds. the lowest starting gear and the most MPH your motor can turn.

You won't regret the JBS sheave mod!! and James is great to deal with!

·
Registered
985 Posts
X3 on JBS. I took mine to the Dunes over the Halloween weekend for the first time. Boy what a difference. She really pulled her way through. Go with the JBS. And yes, James is great to deal with.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ok So that would be a Yes on JBS sheave, 700 cam plate, the reason for the 700 is no metal clips to deal with. True James is easy to deal with but his WIFE is more fun to talk to.

James when you read this it's Rich from here in CHILE...

·
Registered
288 Posts
x4 JBS Yes James is a great guy to deal with. I mud ride and run 29.5 Outlaws made all the difference in the world. Great Sheave ! ! ! Nothing like Hot Rod Style

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does james answer on sundays?

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
i just sent my sheave to him also and gonna try 14 gram od weights in the sand this season , i ran stock sheave and 16 od's last dune season ,

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ya gotta put the paint gun down and answer the phone!! lol James always returns calls...he might be busy (prob fixin his doo...lol) when you don't get an answer...don't spazz when ya get the voice-mail !!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
James has amazing customer service. I had to PM him a time I could call as I ordered my parts from him while being in Afghanistan, we set up a time I finally got our phones to work and got some parts ordered. Now I just have to get home to do an install.

·
Registered
729 Posts
What is the latest "hot setup" for a 2006 660? I do pretty much all trail riding and no dunes at all. I have an older set up with the KMS sheave and I think its time to update it.

Thanks!

DAN

1 - 20 of 36 Posts