Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok iv been doing alot of reading on here and hunterworks website. im so confused. if i knew what get machined. what od weights do. and what a secondary spring does. i would be able to make a better decision on i need. could someone please school me. i tore into my clutch last weekend so i have a good idea as to how it works just not sure how these different things effects performance. what im looking for is more top end and still a good strong low end. would love to spin the tires lol. i come from a built banshee so this thing feels sluggish lol. i ride with rangers/ razors and teryx. im the slowest. i know i im not gunna be passing anyone but would love to be able to keep up a little better. 07, 660 new yamaha belt 100% stock motor. 26" mud lites. what i thought i needed was a msd and a sheave. so i was tore between HW's and jbs sheave. but after reading hunterworks site he says OD weights gets the same top end as a machined sheave with no roller flop.tell me what i need please.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
JBS sheave 16g ods and an orange spring. A cdi will help alot also. Dynatek or the msd will work for a 660. Thats all you need.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
so you can run od's with a machined sheave. also what does the spring do/effect, how does the colors go? what would a top speed be for this setup

·
Banned
401 Posts
Only with a JBS sheave

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
so you can run od's with a machined sheave. also what does the spring do/effect. what would a top speed be for this setup

The JBS is not like a regular machined sheave.... His is milled on the inside so the od weights sit lower for more bottom end and the ods give you the top end. The spring will help with back shifting on climbs and keep you in the power of the motor. Speeds should be right around 55mph. Mabey a lil more if you really push it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this site is wicked im not new to forums and usually you get **** on for posting a question thanks alot guys.

·
Banned
401 Posts
I was in the same boat as you I also have a2007 660 with 26" mud lites duel muzzy cdi and I got a epi clutch kit (waste of time and money) after getting a bashing from my best friend who owns a can-am performance shop they all ways saying I'm slow ,I did lots of reading (sent me crazy) I phoned Todd at hunterworks and I also called James (wv hot rod) after thinking about it I made the call to James told him what I had he told me to go with the sheave 16g weights orange spring ( after a very long wait thanks to Canada post lol) I got my parts and a free t shirt and beer cozy thanks ) well what can I say u get crazy bottom end and you can go as fast as a stock 660 will go with out engine mods .. Any way I will stop flapping my lips now I don't get bashed any more from my buddy's and I can climb any hill I want to and it puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key on the rhino ....... Give James a call he is a 100% stand up guy ,,, enough said ,,,

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The Hot-rod sheave ROCKS!!! You'll get CRAZY bottom-end, and more on top as well!!! Call James!!! (304-673-2602)...DO NOT spend your dough till you talk to him!!! He will explain it until you understand ... AND...you will not find a LOWER price for what you are wanting!!!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
the JBS sheave is the best sheave. I you want to give me a call PM me. I can explain everything to you. or call James from JBS.

JBS is the only sheave of its kind, and it delivers PERIOD!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just put my order in talked to James yesturday, very nice guy and explained just what i need, now i'll just sit on the curb everyday til the packaged arrives...I read alot on a lot of forums seems to be the best, and great price.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Off the top of your head (if you know) what would the jbs sheave set up for the stock 660 go for?

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Off the top of your head (if you know) what would the jbs sheave set up for the stock 660 go for?

Frank is kinda right lol. 330$ shipped for NEW sheave, sliders, OD's and orange spring.

or you can send yours in to be milled for 100$. sliders od's and spring for 220$? I think lol

just give James a call, cool ass dude to talk to!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts