Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a how to thread on a jbs sheave install...I have the service manual but im sure someone has explained it a little better on here...I have searched but haven't turned anything up...thanks in advance

·
Registered
647 Posts
It's easy.

Take off CVT cover (10mm bolts)
Take of spider cage (4 10mm bolts)
Use the two longest screws from the spider cage, and thread them into the secondary sheave to spread it out and loosen the belt.
22mm impact the nut off the primary.
Replace sheave with JBS one and do the reverse!!! :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
BTW - UTVInc used to have a youtube video of the process if you're a 'visual' kind of guy. Youtube search Rhino Sheave Install and you should find it.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
even though it's greaseless weights, I and James put a small amount on the weights n sliders just put a light coat on them of ultramatic grease. makes it all work alot smoother

·
Registered
561 Posts
Im sure he has videos he could supply you with how to install it.
Thanks for keeping the video posted on you tube! James is so busy selling his sheaves, he probably hasnt had a chance to make one yet.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Ok that's where I was hung up...a small film of grease on sliders and weights thanks...
you got it! I used marine grease once, but it gummed up quick...use ultramtic. no problems at all
Using grease on greaseless sliders and weights will allow dirt to stick to the ramps and wear on aluminum. Wouldn't it be better to use a dry lubricant designed for snowmobiles, if you feel a lubricant is nesessary? I have over 2500 miles on my original set with no wear.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Do you run a filter on the CVT intake? If not you have to have dust flowing through along with the cooling air.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
no filter. I do have some dust inside the sheave but can't see any adverse affects. I clean it about every 6-700 miles

1,651 Posts
Do you run a filter on the CVT intake? If not you have to have dust flowing through along with the cooling air.
i got rid of the cvt filter after you told me of your experience ROO. Ran it last weekend and did not smell the belt like before or maybe it is my new JBS sheave, new belt. Those filters are a joke!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey guys... Old thread... Newbie question...

I heard the rumors about the filter having negative effects on the CVT. ...so I'm not going there.

The question is: (because I'm about to learn how to get into a Jb install and wonder; Has anyone ever tried graphite lube on the weights ?

It would seem to be an appropriate application. I was wondering if the non-static, lube based effects of the graphite would be a preferable alternative ?

Anyone care to come over and oversee this adventure ? I'll buy the beer :alcoholic:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts