Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Service Manuals

9K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  MagnoliaHunter 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Help with rear Brakes

I have a 2005 Yamaha Rhino 660, I was taking the rear Disc Brakes off and placing the pads with new ones. Can not get the Cylinder (piston) to go back into the Caliper. What am I doing wrong?

Is their a free Rhino 660 service manual available, if so what is the site.

Any help in this matter will be helpiful

#4 ·
is ur brake line sill hooked up to the caliper? or did u take the brake line off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Put a short hose on the brake fluid bleed nipple, stick the loose end of the hose into a container and crack the valve open a bit while pressing the caliper piston in. That will ensure that the fluid within the cylinder has a place to go. Close off the valve as soon as you have the piston retracted, in order to minimize the need for bleeding of the brake line after you are done.

The brake system should allow the caliper piston to push the fluid back into the master cylinder reservoir when you let go of the brake pedal. You will want to make sure that the brakes engage and release as they should after you are done, as something might be hanging up in the master cylinder?

#9 ·
Hi all. New member here. Searched the forums and got to Tinken's link above to download the 660 manual but unfortunately the links are still dead (as of February 2022). Does anyone here have a 2007 (or earlier) Rhino 660 service manual that you can point me to purchase or download? Thanks in advance!

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.