Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you got rid of your quads to get a Rhino ?. I am thinking of getting a Rhino but gotta sell my quad and wifes quad. I have a
Suzuki LTZ 400 and I absolutely love this bike but, Im thinking practicallity
My wife has a honda trx 250 and she thinks its a great idea. I am 43 and my wife is 40 and I am thinking it would be alot more comfortable and we could really go on longer rides + we could go together and I am also thinking it might be safer too as long as we dont do anything real crazy ! haha anyways have you guys who were x quad riders, are you missing your quads ? thanks
just trying to weigh this one out

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
My wife & I both had quads, then she had to go and get pregnant! :p We ended up seller her bike and getting her a Rhino so she could still cruize around. We kept my bike and I havent touched it since we got the Rhino! I didnt think Id be into this thing when we bought it, but now I cant get enough!!! So much for the camp cruiser!

Although I dont use my bike now, Im sure as soon as my little girls here momma's gonna want her Rhino back and Ill be back to the YFZ450. May have to get my own Rhino! :p

Not sure what the moral of this story is, but there it is...... :D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Snapper for the quick reply, Yeah they do look like alot of fun ! I have two kids they both ride two wheelers my son 11 rides a yz 85 and my daughter 15 rides a drz 125. We also go out to the Desert with some friends
that all ride quads so Im wondering when we all go for a ride will the rhino be able to ride along and keep up with everyone will these things go just about anywhere that quads go ?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Unless you have a long travel setup, the Rhino's have a hard time keeping up with the quad runs. But, they can go pretty much anywhere.......it usually just takes a little longer to get there. We have some friends with golf carts and sometimes the girls go play around and the guys take off on the bikes.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I have a banshee and since I have gotten my Rhino i havent wanted to ride it or take it out to the dunes. I am just keeping it in case I have a friend that wants to come along and they can ride it.

I think you and your wife would be happy with a Rhino... hopefully she likes it so much you get a his and hers rhino :)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mr. offroad, thanks for the reply, Thats a nice Banshee you got there ! so you say the rhino has pretty much consumed most of your interest, Thats cool that you are able to keep you bike but I tow a Weekend Warrior FS2600 and its also a issue with room in the toybox I couldnt keep my bike and tow the
rhino and my kids bikes and all the other stuff. But I keep leaning more and more toward the Rhino it has already become an obsession I have been on the net for the past week trying to get as much info as possible and went as far as seeing my dealer....so we shall see ! thanks for your input it helps !

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Once you get a Rhino the quads will sit. :lol: These things are AWESOME!!! :D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Im pretty much decided to sell the quads and get the rhino....just gotta sell the quads first [says the wife]. Man I cant wait meanwhile, I'll be hanging out here and getting lots of valuable information from you guys and checking out all the goodies on Ebay !

·
Registered
100 Posts
great thread - i've been looking into getting a rhino and had some thoughts about a quad instead to save money - sounds like a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Trooper great thread here!!!!

I just bought a Rhino a week ago or so. I did keep the quad. Only because I enjoy the riding at the dunes and the hillshooting. Now I bought the Rhino because everyone I ride with has one and I was alway odd man out or had to ride shotgun. Time to have fun now.

Let the money spending begin!!!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
My quad has pretty much sat for a year. It's nice to keep it for extra people though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have two wheelers and I get a different type of thrill. Plus my bike cruises across the desert at ninenty so It is a little more thrill. But as I get older I like that I can move towards the Rhino more.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
rhino's are great. i still would love to have a quad though. mostly for the reason of never having one and my friends haven't switch over.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
zerofield said:
rhino's are great. i still would love to have a quad though. mostly for the reason of never having one and my friends haven't switch over.
That can make it kinda a difficult for outings. Lucky me, most everyone I know has made the switch or is about to.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
yea, it kind of does

1 - 16 of 16 Posts