Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Sell Complete or Part 2006 660 Out?

957 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  FlatlanderRhino 
#1 ·
Here is the scenario. I want to be rid of my 06 660 Rhino. I don't recall exactly but the odometer shows 16-1800 miles.It is complete but with ongoing brake issues. It also has a snow blade and winch. I'm in the midwest. After a close call with a grandchild and her friend last year it's not been ridden since other than to move. Mechanically it's sound except for the rear brake dragging. Everything has been replaced including the master cylinder all the way back. Would it be easier to just part it out? Thoughts?

#2 ·
I don't think so - I mean you can but Rhinos in most parts of the Country are in high demand and have good resale value. List it on Craigslist or some internet service and see what others are fetching in your area. I went from Central Florida to Central Kentucky to get my Rhino due to many guys in this area like to turn them into submarines which is hard on axle bearings and differentials AND resale value - course they don't think about that when their blasting through the rivers...

#4 ·
Hello,
what state in the Mid-west are you out of ??
Missouri myself .

if you would list it on your local Craiglist and start out on 4500 or best offer
even with the brake problem which is less than 100.00 to fix caliper & pads
it shouldnt even last a couple days on there .. that snow plow is a big plus in the
mid west right now .. give me a ball park on your asking i will pass it around and see
if i can get you a buyer ,,

Jake

#5 ·
Hello,
what state in the Mid-west are you out of ??
Missouri myself .

if you would list it on your local Craiglist and start out on 4500 or best offer
even with the brake problem which is less than 100.00 to fix caliper & pads
it shouldnt even last a couple days on there .. that snow plow is a big plus in the
mid west right now .. give me a ball park on your asking i will pass it around and see
if i can get you a buyer ,,

Jake
I'm in western Illinois. Only 15 mile from the Northeast corner of Missouri. About 2-1/2 hours to St Louis and 4-1/2 to KC. I'd even consider meeting someone halfway with it. Within reason of course. $4000 and it would be gone in a New York minute. It has a winch which is primarily for the snow blade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.