Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have been told by a reputable source to "Service" my secondary sheave. I have never taken it apart but im expecting it to be similar to my primary?

My rhino is an 08 EFI...what all goes in to a job like this?

Thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
Its easy, Pull your secondary off, take the nut that holds the spring off with a 1 13/16 socket, slide the dust cover off, take the buttons out of the slides and the two will come apart. clean and regrease with a little yamalube ultramatic grease and put back together. Should be good to go.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Good advice above...

I also recommend you consult with James at JBS WV Hot Rod Rhino for parts/service and expert CVT advice...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys,

I just noticed while looking at my repair manual that since I first took apart my sheaves about 2 months ago and having problems, I have been putting the fan backwards on the secondary sheave. Is that a problem?

I also wanted to know what anybody else on here thinks of other programers/tuners besides MSD.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok,

so I spoke with Ray at MSD and he said he doesnt think the problems I have been having since I installed my sheave/muzzy (not reaching top speed, sputtering at top rpm) are related to the MSD. Ray said that typically when a msd goes south, the motor runs poorly throughout the entire rpm range vs just the top.

Does this sound right? He also mentioned that in some cases a bad msd will keep the motor from turning on.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey there James, I figured you'd chime in on that. You can be sure that if once I have enough time to put the oem belt on and a sand that sheave down and it still acts funny, its heading straight to you haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts