Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be replacing my stock seats and am looking for the good, the bad and the ugly of seats. Has anyone ridden in several different brands/styles and noticed any differences. I'm not so much looking for "I have Beard and love them" or "These Renegades on my rhino are cool", but instead want a comparison. :1zhelp: I'm going with a TCB 2" aluminum cage with the harness bars. I will be getting a new rear seat to match the fronts also.

·
Registered
798 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
PRP is super comfortable. i think mastercraft and PRP are the way to go. Beard are also nice, I don"t think you will go wrong with any of the three brands.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
My favorite is Renegade seats! Very comfy!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
When I bought my seats about 5 months ago I sat in Jet Trims, Renegades, Racecrafts and PRP's. I thought the Racecrafts sucked. i could feel the bars of the seat frame. Next was the Renegades. They were ok, but yes they sat up more and were not as comfy as I thought they should be. The PRP's were very comfy. The Jet Trims were even better, but I am not a crack dealer and could not justify $900 for two front seats and I forgot how much the rear was. I think it was close to 2K for fronts and rear bench. I bought the PRP's and love them. BTW, I am 6ft and 225lbs, green eyes...uh er sorry :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
AZ, I believe TCB has a thing going with PRP & specifically for the rear seat. The way their cage is set up there is a brace that runs the length of the bed near the tail gate. They have a special seat mount that accommodates this and they told me that only PRP will fit the mount. So unless you want to make other alterations PRP may be what you need to get. This is what TCB told me.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered the Renegades. The next day I sat in the Jet Trims, and decided I liked them better, so I ordered them too. The price on the fronts is not that much different, but the rear bench was a lot more from Jet Trim. Both are putting my UTV Powersports logo in the headrests for me, they should look great.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I ordered the Renegades. The next day I sat in the Jet Trims, and decided I liked them better, so I ordered them too. The price on the fronts is not that much different, but the rear bench was a lot more from Jet Trim. Both are putting my UTV Powersports logo in the headrests for me, they should look great.
Your just gonna have to build another Rhino for that second set of seats. :banana:

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
We run PRPs in ALL of our rhinos. I love PRP seats, they are super comfy, hundreds of color and material options. Bolt to factory seat bases. They are awesome, and we have like 20 sets in stock with diff colors and materials.. from $250 to $545 a seat

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
We run PRPs in ALL of our rhinos. I love PRP seats, they are super comfy, hundreds of color and material options. Bolt to factory seat bases. They are awesome, and we have like 20 sets in stock with diff colors and materials.. from $250 to $545 a seat
You cant beat PRPs prices, that's for sure,but I wanted something a little different than you see everyday. I had already bought the renegades, but I just love the look and feel of the Jet Trims.
I went with the McGrath seat with my logo, and checkered welting between the colors (got the checker idea from the display seat they have at Jagged). I've ordered several sets from Renegade for stock in the store, and will keep a few Jet Trim sets as well.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The other thing I really like about the Jet Trins is the way the seat belts come around the front seat bottom, not through holes in it. I'm a big boy (widebody) and the Jets Trims were a much better fit for me in the ass area.

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
PRP makes a "Big Boy" seat..

We used to stock Jet Trims, until.. thats between me and them... but its wasnt pretty for them.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I freakin love my Mastercraft suspension seats! They are full sizers for a rail or a race truck, not made for rhino. Actually a lot wider, but I love them I sink into them when I sit down. Biggest luxury my rhino offers.....

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have a small puncture on my PRP seat back... it is the back of the bench seat which is a charcoal carbon fiber pleather. The hole is the size of an eraser top on a pencil. anyone have any ideas on how to repair this. good vinyl repair guy around.. or can i order a new panel from PRP and have it reinstalled.

It doesnt seem like a big deal but it bugs the hell out of me!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts