Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would an 800cc do it or does it need to be bigger. I am looking to put a Rotax in my rhino but want it to be as reliable as possible so plan on leaving it an 800cc with some Muzzy's.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It takes a big bore and clutching to beat an XP. I am surprised to hear that quikrhino is beating XP,s with an 840. I have a 975 and barely beat them.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It takes a big bore and clutching to beat an XP. I am surprised to hear that quikrhino is beating XP,s with an 840. I have a 975 and barely beat them.
Yeah the ones I have beaten did not have paddles. I need more motor and clutch to beat them. Did beat one in the Lake Elsinore grand Prix because the XP broke down.:alcoholic:

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Yeah the ones I have beaten did not have paddles. I need more motor and clutch to beat them. Did beat one in the Lake Elsinore grand Prix because the XP broke down.:alcoholic:
LOL. I didn't realize they did not have paddles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine 4 seater stock 800 dalton clutch In 4wd no paddles aired way downlikje 2-3 psi on Duros with " beadlocks" At sand drags only lost by about 3-5 lengths to a stock xp with paddles after 3-4 races so with paddles on mine i think it would be a little closer.. I was happy to Kill him outta the hole in 4wd though i think i suprissed the hell outta him the first couple of races how bad i pulled him for the first 20-30 yards.. And i had a friend with a stone stock xp no paddles that when just farting around we were really close but he got me a bit on top end.. I am pissed though that he can go right up olds in 4wd and i can't though I think after doing a bunch of riding in both the engine placment has alot to do with the way the xp's perform as well !!... I was impressed with a stock Xp vs mine until i relized i have half of what an xp4 cost in mine so i am very happy overall with a close second place and no debt!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts