Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I don’t know what the heck I’m doing wrong or if I just had too much beer but trying to direct message Ruttingrhino for his fuel line kit and advice. If you see this can you please reply or direct message me?
I recently bought and refurbished a 2004 rhino and sprayed weeds for an hour and drove it on the road for a half hour, ran great the whole time but after I shut it off in the 88° heat for 10 minutes it acted like it was vapor locked and I want to resolve it with whatever means it takes. After three or four restarts and getting it moving it acted fine.
Would like to buy some upgrade kits to make sure it doesn’t happen to me on the trail. I did notice it looks like somebody bypassed the stock fuel pump and installed a freaking lawnmower engine like a Kohler pump or something. So I either need to upgrade the fuel lines, upgrade to the electric fuel pump kit, return to stock fuel pump, or whatever recommended. I’m fresh to the rhino world so please take it easy on me.

·
Administrator
2,258 Posts
Hi all, I don’t know what the heck I’m doing wrong or if I just had too much beer but trying to direct message Ruttingrhino for his fuel line kit and advice. If you see this can you please reply or direct message me?
I recently bought and refurbished a 2004 rhino and sprayed weeds for an hour and drove it on the road for a half hour, ran great the whole time but after I shut it off in the 88° heat for 10 minutes it acted like it was vapor locked and I want to resolve it with whatever means it takes. After three or four restarts and getting it moving it acted fine.
Would like to buy some upgrade kits to make sure it doesn’t happen to me on the trail. I did notice it looks like somebody bypassed the stock fuel pump and installed a freaking lawnmower engine like a Kohler pump or something. So I either need to upgrade the fuel lines, upgrade to the electric fuel pump kit, return to stock fuel pump, or whatever recommended. I’m fresh to the rhino world so please take it easy on me.
I remember that username from many years back, but it doesn't come up in a member seach for some reason. I even checked the other site RhinoTalk with no luck.

Please supply a link to the post/thread you are wanting to inquire about, and I may figure out why they aren't listed. May have had the account suspended or username has been changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for response!

·
Administrator
2,258 Posts

Thanks for response!
Thanx for the link....

I have no idea at this time, but will find out why. Their account looks to be in good standing, but it HAS been over 10 years since the last post...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts