Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Royal Purple synthetic oils ? I am thinking about changing to it for my 06 660 engine. I have already replaced the diff oil with their gear oil.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Just make sure its for use with a wet clutch. I dont think they make oil that is but could be wrong...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Never have used it,but Royal Purple has a line called "Max-Cycle".The "other" motorcycle synthetics are just easier to get for me. my 2cts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Run what is recommended for the vehicle. That is what it was engineered with.Re- engineering the wheel is only gonna cost you money and not have really any gain. My company does alot for Honda of America on their Quad line. The oils that engineered are for these things are really good. They are private labeled from an oil manufact. of course. It is made to their specifications. I am only saying this because I have already been down this road. It was a proven fact to me, thought I would share it with you. Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I have been running Royal Purple in the diffs for over 5000 miles with no issues.The 75-90 is safe for the front and rear, its both GL4 and GL5 rated. As far as the engine, I use Redline.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have been using max-cycle exclusivly in my engine/atv,it was used at 90f down to -36f with no problems for two years. Then this September my wet clutch burnt out,judging by the videos I've seen I didn't think I was that hard on it but maybe I'm wrong.Anyway after talking to a friend using the same oil in his King quad we are switching back to OEM synthetics to make us feel better,especially when they specify for wet clutches.I have 2,800miles on my clutch,but I don't now,I just feel that the OEM might be better because they have warranty there machines not other oil companies.Just my feeling I may be totally wong,but thats the way I feel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts