Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I came across a fellow at the off road park the other day who told me that he is running Rotella synthetic oil on his Rhino. I use Rotella on my Diesel truck so I have plenty of oil cans laying around.
Any thoughts on this? Repsol synthetic costs 50 plus dollars and Rotella cost half the price…. :bike4:

·
Registered
82 Posts
You'll tost the wet clutch from what I have been told. I run a blend and it works well

·
Registered
522 Posts
I run Rotella T6 (5w40?) and haven't had any problems yet. I like it--two oil changes for less than $30 if you shop at Walmart.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
You'll tost the wet clutch from what I have been told. I run a blend and it works well

who told you that??? lol....

I run Rotella T6 5-40 for 1200 miles. my wet clutch is fine, there are no energy conserving additives in rotella, which is what destroys wet clutches....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm also thinking about running rotella t6 synthetic in my rhino. What is everybodies opinion on this? Let the debate begin!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
lol no debate, it's cheap good oil that works great. look up test that have been performed on it on google.

I'm sure all the amsoil guys will chime in... my ams oil rep's cummins went out at 65k miles...the crank bearing were not lubricated enough lol. I don't like their product or company. if your gonna spend that kinda money on oil get Motul with ester.

·
Registered
65 Posts
ive run rotella 15w 40 (regular not synthetic) on all of my toys and trucks, my son races a crf 250r motocross he has 2 and ive never had problem at all related to the oil and he clutches them alot. i also run it on my rhino and a crf 450x. great oil and very cheap at walmart.

·
Registered
427 Posts
lol no debate, it's cheap good oil that works great. look up test that have been performed on it on google.

I'm sure all the amsoil guys will chime in... my ams oil rep's cummins went out at 65k miles...the crank bearing were not lubricated enough lol. I don't like their product or company. if your gonna spend that kinda money on oil get Motul with ester.
I'm one of the many 4 cycle Amsoil 0-W-40 Rhino guys on here, have had no problems ever. My rhino has over 2,800 miles & countless hrs. of heavy snow plowing. BTW my chevy duramax has over 260,000 on the clock using amsoil, guess i must be lucky, oil has come a long way in the past few yrs. Let the debates begin...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am glad I found this I run t6 in my both of my vw tdis and my durmax got plenty of it all the time. I will start using this in my rhino.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
great oil!

a lot of KTM racers use it on their race bikes, i use it for all my diesel car & trucks, as my honda crf bikes, and now on my rhino, what i like about it is the price and it's available at local walmarts...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I just sent an oil sample to an oil testing lab of Rotella syn 5W-40 that came out of my Rhino with 50 hours on it (the oil). I should have the results this week. The last oil I tested out of my Rhino was Mobile 1 syn 15w-50 (automotive) and it was a disaster after 50 hours-- the oil had lost all it's viscosity and had traces of metal in it! I will post the results soon.

--Geoff

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
0-40 amsoil 13000 miles dad runs rotela synthetic over 20000 so i think both oils are fine

·
Registered
260 Posts
anxious to see the test results, i just started using t6, ive got 1400 miles on my rhino.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ran Rotella T 15 x 40 in my 660 Raptor for 10 years without a problem. Ran it in 2 diesels without a hitch. Used it in my Rhino since '06 and now in my Honda 700xx. Just be sure to use an oil that "does not" say energy conservative within the small circle. Not good for wet clutches. It is getting harder to find on like that. Most 10-30 and 10-40 have that seal. Chevron makes a good one and Pennzoil did but I have not seen it lately. Just make sure it does not have that label and you will be good to go.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts