Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what kind of top speeds you Rotax guys are getting and also what kind of water temps your seeing at WOT?

In Ocotillo out in a wide open wash I was able to get up to 72mph and my temp got up to about 205, I let off once I hit that speed but maybe could have gone a little more. Usually when Im cruising I keep my fan on 100% of the time to keep my motor as cool as possible. Also I still have to tuning to do on the motor, adjusting the air fuel ratio a little better.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Mine was consistent 69 mph. Your temp ain't bad. If I leave the fans on all the time it'll stay down around 180. 70 is good. I hit 74 once on asphalt with 3 of us on board in a 40 mph crosswind.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at some of the Can-Am forums it looks like 210 is kind of normal for the rotax motor but I guess in my mind its not ideal.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Normal for mine is between 205 to 215 goes in to limp mode if it gets hotter then 240. Seen 74 on flat ground and 81 down oldmoblie in Glamis

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I was recently riding shotgun in a rintax. I saw it hit 70 mph on the flat sand , I didn't notice it getting warm.
This is my old car. It has a huge oil cooler with a fan on it and a fan over ride on the radiator. If the fans are on all the time it will never go over 180......

70mph is real close to topped out and that with 16 paddles.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Mine was consistent 69 mph. Your temp ain't bad. If I leave the fans on all the time it'll stay down around 180. 70 is good. I hit 74 once on asphalt with 3 of us on board in a 40 mph crosswind.
Hey Dean... you really need to update the picture in your signature... :)

Are you guys relying on speedo or are these numbers gps....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts