Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what some of you guys and getting in your shift out? I know our machines are a lot heavier then just the quad and wasn't sure if that would slow us down on max rpm. I still haven't had a chance to test mine out yet.

Kevin

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 840 with mrrpm drop in cams. Cvtech primary and stm secondary. I'm interested what other people are getting as well with there setup.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Any info on this?? I am very interested and haven't found any real good info. I have an stm secondary on the way and also have a Cvtech primary. I run flynts 940 and his trail cams and springs. Flynt tells me that my setup wants 8000-8100 rpms. Adam at airdam says to run it at 7600rpms. I assume vehicle weight wouldn't matter when figuring shiftout as the motor has an optimal power range regardless of what vehicle its mounted to.

I am also trying to find someone to tell me what exactly the rpms are suppose to do when accelerating from a stop at WOT. I thought the rpms should jump to your set shiftout and stay there the whole time. Can someone help out on this?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Any info on this?? I am very interested and haven't found any real good info. I have an stm secondary on the way and also have a Cvtech primary. I run flynts 940 and his trail cams and springs. Flynt tells me that my setup wants 8000-8100 rpms. Adam at airdam says to run it at 7600rpms. I assume vehicle weight wouldn't matter when figuring shiftout as the motor has an optimal power range regardless of what vehicle its mounted to.

I am also trying to find someone to tell me what exactly the rpms are suppose to do when accelerating from a stop at WOT. I thought the rpms should jump to your set shiftout and stay there the whole time. Can someone help out on this?
Usually, the RPM "flashes" to a high number, then falls back 200-600 rpm and maintains that "shift" rpm all the way until the clutches are "fully shifted out".
You are correct in that the engine's peak power rpm is what you're looking for when tuning clutching for maximum acceleration.

·
Registered
394 Posts
So is shiftout physically when the primary belt is all the way at the top and the belt on the secondary is all the way at the bitten?
John

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
So is shiftout physically when the primary belt is all the way at the top and the belt on the secondary is all the way at the bitten?
John
Depends on who is using the term. I think it matches your description when you add the word "fully" or completely to it.
Completely shifted out.

Shift out by itself could refer to partially shifted out, in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts