Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2,240 Posts
It's basically the same as an 800...reportedly, it is a redesigned casting for some bottomend crank clearancing....has increased stroke with taller jugs and different heads, such as the cam chain tensioners are in the head, not the jugs ..way different

Also the truely weird thing about the TB of the Commander is it isn't at the intake like an 800....it's actually 3' away under the dash....may cause some tuning issues when adapted to a Rhino application, not to mention the other Commander specific issues that were dreamt up in BRP's laboratories .....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I want the dipstick tube assembly. Someone posted the parts needed here on rf but I can't find it now. Lance, was that you?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Probably easier to swap in the quad rotax and big bore 975 or 1004 from mr. rpm

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The quad harness will work with this motor. Greg Loflin (MRRPM) knows how to make this work not to mention he has a 1180 BB kit for this motor.

·
Administrator
2,240 Posts
I want the dipstick tube assembly. Someone posted the parts needed here on rf but I can't find it now. Lance, was that you?
I was the one inquiring for the part numbers and another peep posted them....we do need to relocate that thread ....I never got around to doing that upgrade yet!

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
295 Posts
That dipstick tube assembly cost too much $300.00 bucks. I was going to do it until i add all the parts it wasent worth it to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts