Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 800CC ROTAX MOTOR OFF OF MY 2009 LIMITED EDITION CAN AM OUTLANDER. I BOUGHT ANOTHER BIKE, TOOK THE MOTOR OFF OF IT AND SOLD THE REST OF THE BIKE. I BUILT THE OTHER MOTOR. MY PLANS WAS TO HAVE 2 MOTORS, ONE STOCK AND ONE BUILT. WELL I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TWINS ON THE WAY SO THE LUXURY OF HAVING 2 MOTORS IS GONE. THIS MOTOR ONLY HAD ABOUT 55 HOURS ON IT WHEN I TOOK IT OFF AND PUT THE OTHER ONE ON. IT IS ABSOLUTELY 100% IN EXCELLENT RUNNING CONDITION. WHEN IT WAS ON MY BIKE I HAD THE PCIII WITH THE TUNE DONE BY JOHN CANNON. OTHER THAN THAT IT IS STOCK. I AM ASKING $3500 FOR THE RUNNING MOTOR. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF INTERESTED. [email protected] THANX FOR LOOKING, HAPPY TRAILS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much are labor fees now a days to get that motor instaled into the rhino?
man i have no idea, but when i was at mudnationals i ran into a guy that had one done, and he said it was the best thing he ever did to his rhino. This is the 09 r motor putting 69 hp at the crank. The mods for this motor are endless now. I am currently doing a lil somethin to the motor i have now. My main objective where i am is mud racing in bogs that are 4-5 foot deep. Which requires the 6" catvos lift and lots o power. If someone would need other parts, stuff to help with the conversion i could assist in helping.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the big ticket item is the ecu. Also needed is the speedo and the keyswitch.

i saw on here that there is a company that does these conversions. I don't think the price i am asking for this motor is unfair. A new one like it would be close to 6k. I know cuz i called the local dealer just out of curiosity. My friend has a wiring harness, gauge cluster, i think key switch. I am not 100% shure that he is wanting to sell this stuff, but i can ask him. I also know a few other people that might have some other stuff needed.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Link to an ebay guy that has lots of the parts required for a swap, he had a couple motors a few days ago. just passing this on as I was going to do a swap when i blew my motor but time does not permit it now as I have to many outings planed.

I went with a Benchmark motor.

good luck

·
Registered
159 Posts
How about vin verification, my buddie bought a hot motor and lost his rhino due to it. Just want to be safe as I am very interested and have a trans and harness already.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes I can supply the vin verification for you. Call me with whatever you need. I can also give you the dealership number where the unit was purchased. They know me pretty good as I have purchased 3 from them. 337-322-2700. My name is ben.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts