Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so while in gear my rhino will roll backward and in Low will still roll but takes more to make it roll. what would cause this? my sister rolled it a couple days ago.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
so while in gear my rhino will roll backward and in Low will still roll but takes more to make it roll. what would cause this? my sister rolled it a couple days ago.
You are at idle and the wet clutch is disengaged (as it should be)?

There is no Hill Hold contraption in a Rhino, That is for a fancy car that you saw on TV.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to know. that wasnt a fancy car on tv it was our truck. and i had thought Rhinos were the same. now ive lost 7 mph. why would that be?

·
Vendor
3,516 Posts
good to know. that wasnt a fancy car on tv it was our truck. and i had thought Rhinos were the same. now ive lost 7 mph. why would that be?

Steve is right about wet clutch, slower in low due to the secondary and tranny turning while you are rolling but not connected to engine due to wet clutch

Slower?

meaning hitting a limiter now lower or just no power to get there?

Todd

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has no limiter. Well it's 9k. And it's just like it's won't go faster. Has some more power just won't go any faster. Like its hanging up or summ. At 57 it sounds like it's nearly topped out in what the motor can give and if I go down a slight hill it'll run 60 but thats it. Like its running higher rpms but I'm not on it quite as much as I would have been before to go that fast if that makes sense. I'm gonna tinker with it it in a couple days, change the bearings and all, get rid of any and all noises it makes and then I'll try another run. Would the carb heater coming unattached make any difference? Cause I just remembered that I did notice that after that run

·
Vendor
3,516 Posts
It has no limiter. Well it's 9k. And it's just like it's won't go faster. Has some more power just won't go any faster. Like its hanging up or summ. At 57 it sounds like it's nearly topped out in what the motor can give and if I go down a slight hill it'll run 60 but thats it. Like its running higher rpms but I'm not on it quite as much as I would have been before to go that fast if that makes sense. I'm gonna tinker with it it in a couple days, change the bearings and all, get rid of any and all noises it makes and then I'll try another run. Would the carb heater coming unattached make any difference? Cause I just remembered that I did notice that after that run
The clutch was mentioned, normally if you slower on speed due to a clutch issue it will bang off limiter. If you are slower due to running out of power, that is just it. Many things can cause that. cable need adjusting, slide not opening all the way, dirty filter etc.

No the carb heater coming off will not affect it.

Todd

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aight well I'll just tinker with it and I'll post in the general section once it's back up to speed and all is fixed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts