Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tinkering with a rhino 700, it has the diagnostics code 30 showing. If I turn the key on and wait for the fuel to prime then it will not start and the engine light comes on. If I turn the key and start it right away it will run for a couple seconds then die. If I start it right away and give it a little gas it will run for 5 or 6 seconds. I can't seem to find a diagram that shows the location of the rollover sensor. Any help would be appreciated, I am not even sure I am on the right track or not so any other suggestions would also be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine for my 08 450 is on the rollbar directly behind the passenger seat right behind the fuel pump. It's mounted on the same bracket. Small black cylinder with a straight nipple on top and one at 90 degrees on the bottom. Has a short vacuum line of the bottom that goes into a grommet in the roll bar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that was the gas tank vent, with a ball type valve that kept the gas from spilling out if the machine was overturned? The sensors I have seen for sale have an electrical plug on them. Whatever is causing this seems to be electrical and is killing the ignition once the code pops up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's actually on a vent line. It does have a roller ball in it.
It's open when vertical as mounted but from what I understand kills the motor if your Rhino is on its side. I have no plans to confirm in a real life condition.
The ball closes the vent when you turn it horizontal.
Just had mine off Saturday because I changed the fuel pump, filter and all the fuel and vacuum lines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the sensor. It is behind the dash, very center behind the display. I reached through the front to take it off, right behind the air intake. I will get a new one in a day or two and report back as to whether it fixes the non running issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the sensor and put it on today, there is no change. When I go into the diagnostics mode 61 and 62 show no stored codes, but when I turn the key on the engine light comes on and 30 shows up on the display. Does anyone know what is going on with that? I guess i need to find a service manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When i have it in diagnostics mode, it shows no code to be cleared. The code shows on the display when I turn the key on. I intended to call a couple of local shops last week to see what they may recommend, maybe tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts