Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...motors been burning a touch of oil and smoking heavily on occasion so i decided its time for a new top end and head work, got her apart and looks like i need to do a rod replacement also. might as well do a middle drive gear support and a few other mods while shes down. no biggie,thought id share a pic
of a galled rod end

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very luck =) i had piston wrist pin fail and took out the case, rod, crank, cylinder, and most all the valves. I belive the rod also hit the mid gear.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
well...motors been burning a touch of oil and smoking heavily on occasion so i decided its time for a new top end and head work, got her apart and looks like i need to do a rod replacement also. might as well do a middle drive gear support and a few other mods while shes down. no biggie,thought id share a pic
of a galled rod end
Very typical of the Rhino. I did the same thing, thinking topend. Turned into a complete rebuild. I sent the crank to Crankworks and had them install a Carillo rod, new bearings, balance, weld and key the drive gear. I had CP make me a 10.5 to 1 piston and installed the DLC wrist pin. If you have any questions, please ask.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to use a wiseco crank and piston. this machine doesnt see a lot of hard use, mostly riding around with the kids .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts