Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a 2007 Rhino 660, I've just been cleaning it up and making some necessary repairs along with changing all of the fluids. When I got down to changing the rear diff fluid yesterday I noticed that the right seal is shot. I wanted to figure out how bad it was so I began disassembly.. I removed the wheel, removed the hub assembly, removed the knuckle assembly, and then pulled the axle out. No problems arose..

My main concern is making sure that I'm not missing any parts so that when I reassemble it with a new seal everything works correctly.

Should the axle slide out that easy?

What other parts should be on the differential end of the axle besides the seal & c clip?

How does the new seal press onto the diff?

The way my seal came apart is the metal shroud seperated from the brown inner rubber seal... (brown seal stayed in diff, metal plate came off loose)

Just looking for some insight, I've been staring at parts diagrams but I need some human interaction.. haha

Thanks in advance!
Kyle

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
the seal just pushes in the rear end casing, on both sides once the axles are removed....clean the area and yamahabond them back in...if the axles just slide out that ez, then you need a new retaining clip...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts