Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that one of my backup lights stopped working. These are led type. I have checked the voltage up to the light and.is.good there and since these lights are sealed I can not check in side. Is it possible to buy just one light?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I just found out that one of my backup lights stopped working. These are led type. I have checked the voltage up to the light and.is.good there and since these lights are sealed I can not check in side. Is it possible to buy just one light?
Check for a good ground connection as well. The electricity has to get back to where it came from to have a complete circuit. If that is good, check the connector that is feeding power to the light. Look for signs of corrosion, loose wires, contacts, etc. Here is hoping that it is something simple like that.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I forgot to add that the left backup light is working fine it's just the right backup light that is not working. That's why I think it's the led itself.
Yeah, but the wires leading to it are separate, right? Could be a failed light, but it is worth checking the other possibilities, just to be sure, before buying a new one. Or, just get a replacement and possibly be disappointed when it does not work either.

One way that you can be certain that the light is getting power is to stick pins through the wires coming out of the light. Then measure the voltage across the 2 pins.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going take the light out and hook it up on the left side since.I know it's working. That should tell if it's the light or not. The way the lights are wired it can only be hooked up one way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK I took the light that was not working and hooked to the left side that I knew was good and the reverse light still does not work. So I say the reverse light is out. Can a guy buy just one light without having to buy the pair?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any suggestions on where to get a replacement rear led light? I know its rare that these lights go out but since the left light works fine I took the right one out and hooked it to the left pig tail and no go. The way the wire harness is it can only be hooked up one way so I know the polarity is right. Its only the backup light that is out by the way.
Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine went out a few years ago they are the LED type. At first they started blinking & acting goofy then both went completely out, all my wiring is good, havn't found a source for replacements other than new complete units from the dealer for big bucks.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.