Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new member and first rhino, so thanks in advance to everyone on here. Wanting to take the toy hauler and rhino to Sedona and looking for areas to dry camp and ride. Thanks, Rusty - Phoenix, AZ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check it out in more detail later. Appears to be a great website with lots of information on where to go in Sedona. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Check out Rancho Sedona RV Park. It is in the creek bottom with huge trees everywhere for lots of cover. It is the only place we stay when we go there. Plus the creek backs up against the park. Pretty hard spot to beat.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Check out Rancho Sedona RV Park. It is in the creek bottom with huge trees everywhere for lots of cover. It is the only place we stay when we go there. Plus the creek backs up against the park. Pretty hard spot to beat.
That is the one we stay at not the other I mentioned. It is right at the bottom of Schnebly Hill correct?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the feedback. Rhinonut, I did check out Manzanita but it said no trailers... I called Rancho Sedona for availability on their "Executive" spots and they are booked through October. Looks nice, I will keep checking. They do have some dates available in Nov. but it may start getting pretty cold. Do you guys have any suggestions about Munds Park? Thanks again ya'll!

2011 Silverado 2500HD
2012 XLR 29CKV
2009 Yamaha Rhino

·
Registered
28 Posts
Munds Park

We stayed at Munds Park this spring and it was great for riding. We were able to ride right from the campground and had plenty of riding to do. Its a pretty cool ride up there

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is tons of dry camping around the Munds Park area. We prefer Willard Springs Road since we can get to Munds Park in 5 minutes.

If you want, PM me your email address and I'll send you the GPS/Google Maps coordinates for spots and the riding trails. My experience in the Sedona area for riding is not so good compared to the Munds Park to Upper/Lower Lake Mary area. You are good to dry camp temperature wise until 1st to 3rd week in November. I heard it is going to be a very mild winter up north.

We camped near Mormon Lake the 3rd weekend in October last year and it was 75 during the day and 42 at night.

Do you guys have any suggestions about Munds Park? Thanks again ya'll!

2011 Silverado 2500HD
2012 XLR 29CKV
2009 Yamaha Rhino

·
Registered
810 Posts
You can also camp anywhere along/off Schnebly Hill Rd up where it exits on I-17. From there it's a nice ride down into Sedona.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great information. Yes, we have taken the new toy hauler and rhino camping along Lake Mary Rd a few times over the last couple of months (between mile marker 300 and 315) tons of trails. We are now looking for some different views and thought Sedona would be cool. I have heard that you can see some great views from Munds Park... This site kicks ass! you guys are great! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I do not beleive you can actually dry camp in Sedona. There is a real nice camp ground right on the creek at the bottom of Schebly Hill that we stay at every year. Easy access to Schnebly Hill road and Broken Arrow. I'm pretty sure it is the Manzanita one on this link...

Camping in Sedona Arizona | Sedona Camping
how do you get to Broken Arrow from rancho sedona?? I have been on schnebly hill rd. lots of fun

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I do not beleive you can actually dry camp in Sedona. There is a real nice camp ground right on the creek at the bottom of Schebly Hill that we stay at every year. Easy access to Schnebly Hill road and Broken Arrow. I'm pretty sure it is the Manzanita one on this link...

Camping in Sedona Arizona | Sedona Camping
how do you get to Broken Arrow from rancho sedona?? I have been on schnebly hill rd. lots of fun
Get yourself a map because it is kind of hard to explain. You do have to drive thru town which is the best part with all of the out of country toursits taking your picture. But, it is about 2 miles south of Rancho towards I-17. Lots of fun. Here's a pic I took last year on Schnebly...

·
Registered
195 Posts
From Willard Springs Rd, you can get great views of Sedona and that whole valley. There is great camping for miles after the transfer station off this road plus it has excellent mobile phone/data coverage if you need it.

While I have not tried out Schnebly Hill Road, some other friends have and find Willard Springs to be better. For starters, there are no crowds or the constant law enforcement check up.

Great information. Yes, we have taken the new toy hauler and rhino camping along Lake Mary Rd a few times over the last couple of months (between mile marker 300 and 315) tons of trails. We are now looking for some different views and thought Sedona would be cool. I have heard that you can see some great views from Munds Park... This site kicks ass! you guys are great! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great pics Rhinonut, thanks for sharing. We have to get out that way, the views look amazing.

Thanks Garyhartaz for the info on Willard Springs Rd. It sounds like this may be a new place for us to camp. I live at Happy Valley and 51st Ave. so to get to Lake Mary Rd., we have to make that cross over at Camp Verde. Not bad but if I can stay on 17 straight up, it may be a better drive. Thanks again to everyone for your time and input! Have a safe weekend!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Guys,
Also new with a Rhino. The wife and I tent camp and love to ride. Next time you guys go camping, let us know we would like to tag along if that would be ok...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations on your new toy warlock1. We just got back from Rocky Point with ours. We camped right on the beach in our toy hauler. Spicy Shrimp tacos off the grill, cigars, mexican beer and waking up to the ocean... So much fun! rc

·
Registered
105 Posts
we have been dieing to go to Rocky Point and camp, but were just a little nervous crossing the border. We figure we will wait until a group of people go so wr can hang out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts