Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little bored last night so I went on Craigslist, then eBay, then Google to get an idea what the current market was for my Rhino (2012). It's like someone posted a "Not For Sale" sign in the US - I found a total of 3 Rhinos for sale of varying vintages across the US. People are just not letting go of these toys. My age is starting to suggest a possible departure from such activity in probably the not too distant future, which is a heart breaker, but time comes when we all got to give it up at some point. At least the current market looks favorable for the Rhino seller.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Never too old to ride! Hang in there! Market in all types of vehicles is crazy right now. Used vehicles, Atv’s and UTVs are bringing top dollar. Great time to sell, terrible time to buy lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
Please don't talk about giving up riding. Your picture doesn't look like it's time to cash it in. Hell, I'm 75 and the old woman and the dog and myself go out almost every night for a 10 to 20 mile ride. Granted, we have to help each other to the house, (just kidding) but we still love it. We live out in the sticks so we have plenty of room. Son and I still have the farm I grew on. It's his now, normal progression, and I still do what I can, which is mostly get the way.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love your comments & thanks! I have my days when I reflect on how much I've enjoyed off highway experiences - been a lot of them from starting in the Lancaster desert when I was 21, to the Sierras in California, Oregon mountains, Florence Dunes, Glamis (wow..) and the last ten years on our property and surrounding areas in TN. I love it as much now as ever and still enjoy the occasional challenges the area offers but damn.. aging process sucks, but you're there and you understand the limitations that come with it. If it wasn't for the pain meds I've been on for 15 years (despite all the bad press - actually WORK!) this activity would have ceased a long time ago. However - that said my daughter today echoed your sentiments so no action is gonna happen anytime real soon...

·
Registered
518 Posts
If you want to stretch out your riding time, get you another seat for Rhino. Or better yet get a newer something. I went from Rhino to Wolverine Rspec and imho it is night and day, after springs and shock tuning,,,,, not near the fatigue at end of the day.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually ride with a bunch of guys about my age. When we're on the TN trails we typically ride for a couple of hours then break for awhile then do another couple of hours before our bedtime "pre-nap". With one or two exceptions most of us on our "final" machines - I have no desire to upgrade as I really enjoy the old Rhino especially since I put in the power steering. I do appreciate your recommendations though..

·
Registered
518 Posts
If you have the KYB shocks, if you have not, it is worth having them tuned up with new oil and gas. Makes a diff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts