Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was riding my rhino yesterday when I felt a little grinding in the front end of the car and then it just all of a sudden stopped and was like it was skipping making a really loud snapping noise. It makes the noise in 2wd, 4wd and diff lock, I couldn't even make it home, I had to trailer it !. Just wondering if anyone would know what might cause this? I thought maybe the front end piled up, or maybe the tranny? If it was the front end would it still make this god awfull noise in 2wd? Just need an idea of where to start, or maybe one of you have experienced this in the past, like it said, it try's to move in all gears but the noise it makes just makes me cringe, like something is going to blow apart!! Any help would be great...Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
When mine blew up I ended up replacing the engine cases and doing a partial rebuild. I also added the billet middle drive retaining plate from Chris at Benchmark so that it wouldn't happen again. The downside to buying a used motor is that it likely won't have the upgraded retaining plate and you could find yourself in the same position again. I think there is a guy on here right now that has a couple of used engine cases for sale. When mine blew up no oil was present but when I split the cases there was massive destruction inside. Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I actually purchased everything from Chris at Benchmark. Great guy to deal with. I actually sent him my shopping list and he called me right back to say that there would be a couple of additional parts I would need but had forgotten on my list. We get screwed up here on parts prices. I priced out the required parts in Calgary for $3400 and had them shipped from Chris to my door for around $1500. Definitely worth the wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.