Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

found this post on here and my 2009 rhino 700 is doing the same thing. turn the key to on and nothing happens. no dash, no lights, and will not even turn the motor over. like there is a dead batter. i got a battery for it first and then realized that it was something else. the poster said he found an inline fuse that was bad. anybody know where that fuse is?

thanks
dupy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed the main 40 amp fuse before making the post yesterday. I have an extra ignition key switch and had changed that out too. There is no power to the switch. I’ll check the solenoid fuse next. Do anyone know where all the ground locations are at. I know there is one that leaves the battery and goes to the motor. But there are others I can’t to seem to follow. I hate dealing with an electrical problems.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There are multiple ways to trouble shoot an electrical problem. I would first verify that the battery connections are good, Then connect the negative lead of the meter or test light to the battery negative. Probe the positive post with the positive lead to verify connections. Then probe the connection of the battery cable at the solenoid, then remove the main fuse and check the input side for power, then replace the main fuse and check the wire out of the fuse. Continue this process working toward the ignition switch until you find no power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a similar issue. There seems to be a relay in the fuse box under the hood. I can tap around and hear the relay click and then it will start????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So… my buddy (internet company lineman) came by to help me tonight. We proceeded to go everything I’ve done and what was going on. He proceeded to take the wiring harness out of the battery box. And with in 30 minutes after my last post found a green spot on a wire leading to the the small fuse panel. He cut the wire back a little and it had corroded the wire.
Plant Wood Twig Gas Electrical wiring

We then soldered the wire back together. Plugged everything back in and my rhino turned on and turned over. But now we have a error code 43. He had to leave so now have to figure out what’s causing the code 43.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While my dumbass was using a power probe, I managed to blow the fuse on the starter and fuel pump relay. The rhino is working 100 % now. Thanks to you guys posting on this, I appreciate all the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts