Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 yamaha rhino 660. I recently rode a good long day and when I got home it would not start. Nothing, no dash display, lights or anything. I assume the battery so hook it up with jumper cables and still nothing. The ignition switch was acting funny so I replaced it and still nothing. From what I've read I think it could be the spark plug cap, but before I buy and replace would that effect it having no display or lights? Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I have a 2007 yamaha rhino 660. I recently rode a good long day and when I got home it would not start. Nothing, no dash display, lights or anything. I assume the battery so hook it up with jumper cables and still nothing. The ignition switch was acting funny so I replaced it and still nothing. From what I've read I think it could be the spark plug cap, but before I buy and replace would that effect it having no display or lights? Any suggestions appreciated.
No, the spark plug cap will not take all of the electrics down. Check the mains 30 Amp fuse. It is one of the 2 fuses on the starter relay which you will find in the battery box. The big red cable on the battery positive leads you to the relay and the fuse is on the same side of the relay as the red cable is attached to. The other fuse is a spare and is not hooked up to anything.

If the fuse looks good, check the voltage on both pins of the relay, as the connection from the fuse to the big post where the cable is attached has been known to go bad. A voltmeter set to 20 Volts DC range, red lead to the fuse terminal(s) and the black lead to the battery negative terminal.

If that does not prove to be the problem, let us know. There are other possibilities to check out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was it. Thank you so much. So glad it was a simple fix. Guess I better stock up on 30 amp fuses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, the spark plug cap will not take all of the electrics down. Check the mains 30 Amp fuse. It is one of the 2 fuses on the starter relay which you will find in the battery box. The big red cable on the battery positive leads you to the relay and the fuse is on the same side of the relay as the red cable is attached to. The other fuse is a spare and is not hooked up to anything.

If the fuse looks good, check the voltage on both pins of the relay, as the connection from the fuse to the big post where the cable is attached has been known to go bad. A voltmeter set to 20 Volts DC range, red lead to the fuse terminal(s) and the black lead to the battery negative terminal.

If that does not prove to be the problem, let us know. There are other possibilities to check out.
Hey my yamaha rhino is doing the same thing but both of the fises are good. Where would I look now?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts