Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm considering the purchase of a rhino, and was looking at possibly the sport edition, due mainly to the upgraded shocks. Can anyone tell me how much better they might be than the basic rhino shocks? Is it a night and day difference in performance?

I read an article that mentioned they were rebuildable, and I'm also curious if anyone knows how long i could expect the non-upgrade shocks to hold up over semi-aggresive use, or if shock wear is even a factor?

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
The thing I like about the sport is the silver plastics. You do better suspension wise to buy aftermarket shocks after you buy the basic one.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
if your going to get long travel and/or paint your rhino go with a base model...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thank you for the advice.

I'm figuring I won't likely go long travel any time in the forseeable future, perhaps I can find a dealer willing to let me test them both through some bumps.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Get the silver one ...... You can always sale the shocks later if you choose to upgrade ..... The color on the silver is bad azz ...... I like the brushed silver look ....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Alot of our customers opt for the Silver Sport for the plastics. They look trick for sure.

We have done alot of sports with LT and just Bilstien upgraded shocks. You can sell the stock shocks for about half the cost of bilstiens. They make a HUGE difference over stock Sport shocks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have a Sport & can say the Sport shocks make a huge difference over the plain stock shocks.
I ride with a group of 5 other Rhinos, the Sport out does the green stockers hands down, does good against the Camo w/ f8 iShocks & stock arms, and we all get killed by the long travel w/ Kings.

I was gonna do the MTR set up & respring/valve my shocks but I heard some interesting news over the weekend thats gonna make me wait & see. Cant say what it is but if what I was told is true, it should be interesting.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have a Sport & can say the Sport shocks make a huge difference over the plain stock shocks.
I ride with a group of 5 other Rhinos, the Sport out does the green stockers hands down, does good against the Camo w/ f8 iShocks & stock arms, and we all get killed by the long travel w/ Kings.

I was gonna do the MTR set up & respring/valve my shocks but I heard some interesting news over the weekend thats gonna make me wait & see. Cant say what it is but if what I was told is true, it should be interesting.
Come on man !...tell us.....the suspence is killing me !:wtf:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hello all. I'm considering the purchase of a rhino, and was looking at possibly the sport edition, due mainly to the upgraded shocks. Can anyone tell me how much better they might be than the basic rhino shocks? Is it a night and day difference in performance?

I read an article that mentioned they were rebuildable, and I'm also curious if anyone knows how long i could expect the non-upgrade shocks to hold up over semi-aggresive use, or if shock wear is even a factor?
Just find the best priced Rhino you can get. Than upgrade the shocks with aftermarkets of your choice. The 07 resi shocks aren't that great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts