Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rhino is slow taking off like something is slipping but about 3 to 4mph it accelerates fine, after take off no slip at all. It is only at take off.I pulled the primary sheeve and cleaned all the grease out, found some of the weights worn with flat spots, went with hunter works greaseless weights and sliders. Both the primary and secondary clutches are working correctly. The belt is just under 32mm, I have pulled the wet clutch assembly and found the clutch shoes to be in good shape with mild wear, still above spec. The one way bearing appears to be working correctly. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
what type off oil do you use?I'm asking to see if its making your wet clutch slip a little

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using rotella 15+40. I have wondered if that was my problem but I have a buddy that has been running it in his rhino for 4 years without a problem. I have read alot of other people have been using the same oil with a wet clutch without any problems.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Rotella will not make your clutch slip, i use it

is your primary sheave and fixed sheave splines ok? not worn?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes they both look good. I have to get the rpms up before it will ever start to turn the primary sheeve. I thought that the primary turned all the time, even at an idle but not positive.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
no the primary won't turn until the rpm's get up. I it move at idle it would clunk into gear .

what gram weights did you get?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the 18 gram weights. I'm pretty sure it is in deeper than my primary sheeve. I ordered a one way bearing for it hoping that it is faulty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts