Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This noise is about to drive me crazy. I can't get it to stop. I have checked the rear diff mounts and they all look good. I also have the support brace on the rear diff. I have put grease on all the bushings. The diff is full of oil. Its not the suspension. It sounds like its coming from the boss where the drive shaft goes into the rear diff. I packed it with grease not to long ago. Has anyone ever had this problem?

This sound makes it sound ragged when I hit the gas. Take a listen below.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
didn't watch the video but the union nut might be loose, if your pull the boot off of the driveline where the disc brake is and oil comes out it is loose. pull axles, pull diff and tighten nut. mine was kinda loose i would lose a few drops of oil, but no sound.

will watch video when home

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no oil... just black grease behind that boot.

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
Does yours have the brake rotor in front of the rearend? ...what year is it?

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
Check where the driveshaft splines meet into the intermediate coupler for the rearend ....the part that the brake rotor is attached to ....may be the splines are rounded off like mine were ...and we have a bulletproof cure for it as some of you know about ...Lance

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was the exhaust making this sound.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Check where the driveshaft splines meet into the intermediate coupler for the rearend ....the part that the brake rotor is attached to ....may be the splines are rounded off like mine were ...and we have a bulletproof cure for it as some of you know about ...Lance

Lance what is the cure just incase the problem comes up for me? I use my rhino for everything.

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts

Lance what is the cure just incase the problem comes up for me? I use my rhino for everything.
This completely eliminates that splined joint issue

http://www.rhinoforums.net/engine-swap/45776-rotax-rear-driveshaft-writeup.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts